Community forums, in my opinion, are one of the best resources available to any developer looking for answers to programming problems. Even if you don’t have a problem per se, these forums are thriving with intelligent developers who can give you advice on different implementation options available to you or even pitfalls you may not be thinking about. I’ve managed to find help, countless times, from people who had a similar problem and posted informative solutions.
I had already built a decent set of bookmarks for programming languages I use on a regular basis, so I figured I would publish them to Bookmark Bliss, for anyone else that might be looking for the same thing. For the languages I don’t use as often, I polled a few of my friends in the software industry, and together we have compiled a pretty solid list of community forums for a variety of languages.
- Sun’s Java Technology Forums. (688,588 Threads, 2,650,314 Posts)
- New to Java Technology.
- General Java Programming.
- Java 2D.
- JDBC (also includes JTA).
- Signed Applets.
- JSP (also includes JSTL).
- Beginning Java.
- General Java Programming (Intermediate).
- General Java Programming (Advanced).
- Swing, AWT, and other Graphics.
- Sun Java Programmer Certification (SCJP).
- Sun Java Developer Certification (SCJD).
- Java Web Component Certification (SCWCD).
- EJB and Related J2EE Technologies.
- CodeGuru. (406,027 Threads, 1,503,495 Posts)
- Ruby Forum (49,657 Threads, 206,515 Posts)
- PHP developer’s network (60,487 Threads, 351,842 Posts)
- Games and Graphics Programming
- Database Development
- ASP, VB Script
- Network Programming
- Office Development
- Game Programming
- VBA / Office Integration
- File I/O and Registry
- Database and Reporting
- Interface and Graphics
Please leave a comment if you have any additional forums you like to visit so I can check them out. As time goes on, I’ll continue to add to this list and make it as comprehensive as possible.
Have you found this list useful? If so, show your support by subscribing to our news feed. We’ve posted several other entries in our Bookmark Bliss series that you might find interesting as well…
- Bookmark Bliss: 50 Sources for Web Design Inspiration
- Bookmark Bliss: The Developer Cheat Sheet Compilation
- Bookmark Bliss: 30 Web Developer Community Forums
- Bookmark Bliss: 101+ Stock Image Resources
As always, your comments are welcome and please let us know of any sites we might have missed.