Just a quick note to let everyone know that I finally got around to upgrading Bookmark Bliss to the newest version of WordPress, 2.2.1. I never actually upgraded to 2.2.0, so I guess it’s not so bad now that a new version came out so soon afterward. If you’ve already upgrade to 2.2.0, this patch is mostly just a bug release but is very HIGHLY recommended to patch some security holes found in the last version.
Here are some of the bug updates provided by this new version:
- Widget compatibility issue fixes
- Atom feed fixes
- Improvements to Page and Text Widgets
- XML-RPC fixes Widget layout fixes for IE7
Here are some of the major security problems that were fixed:
- Remote shell security issues with PHPMailer
- Attribute issues in Default Theme
- Remote SQL injection in XML-RPC
Upgrading for me was really smooth and simple, but always remember to backup your site and your database before updating just in case. Nothing is a bigger kick to the head than having an update fail and completely toast your previous install.